Monday, July 10, 2006

 
So three months between posts isn't bad, is it? I didn't get a chance to do the races this year. By the time we got there, the races were over! Well, that'll give me another year to train at least.

Dad hasn't made it to the hashes too much lately, I think it' s the heat. One of the last times I went, I was finished in less than two miles - and so was Dad. The sad part is that his 69th run is so close, he just needs to make it to a few more. He's been going somewhere else on Sundays. He's not hashing because he doesn't have his shorts on and there's no hat. I think he said "Sorry Sam, gotta go to comedy class for the next few weeks." I guess I can understand that, and it's not so bad with all the adventures I've had lately!

I learned how to play with Keever's boy Cooper - he's kind of an upstart, but we like to wrassle. He's getting so dang tall that I have to keep on getting on my hiney-toes just to try and keep up.

A couple of weeks ago, I had an unexpected visitor. This really skinny white guy came in through the door I use to go potty. He seemed nervous but I didn't mind, I always love visitors. What was really cool was when two more new visitors showed up dressed in what I think is a blue uniform and they had these big black things on their hips and had these shiny badges on their shirts. The skinny white guy got really nervous and ran out the back door, right into the arms of a badge-guy that was waiting for him. Dad came home really soon after everyone had left the house, he gave me a quick pat and then left again, sigh.

I've been a little upset with Mom and Dad lately. I have to keep the raccoons and rats out of the house and out of the crawlspace door and that requires me to bark LOUDLY! They finally believed me when Dad met the raccoon that's been eating all of my food out of the kitchen. This morning, Mom screamed louder than I can bark and Dad came running down and saw what I've been seeing all along - a rat! I saw and smelled it go into a corner and I was pretty sure it was still there 'cause I could smell it. Dad saw it somewhere else, got a pot and I guess he caught it. I still smell them in the fireplace, so I wonder if I'm going to have to keep on explaining to Mom and Dad that there are some issues.

Well, that's pretty much the last couple of months. Just remember, if your ass smells, lick it clean.

Comments:
maybe there will be a short hash is a few weeks, but alas your daddy is funny and comedy class seems like a good activity.
 
or maybe he's not funny so he needs to take lessons?
 
There is a sign for Redneck Rodent Removal on a light pole near my house. Let me know if you want me to get the number. Or I can send Mav over. He does a good job of keeping the critters away at my house.

You left your yellow teddy bear at my house. Mav has been playing with it and the rooster your Mommy brought back from New York.

Miss ya Sammy-Man! Hope to see you soon!
 
Sammy, you missed a great hash yesterday. It wasn't too long and had water on trail, so it would've been perfect for you in this horrible heat!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?